1. What information should I send you after I buy a premade or custom?
—-For Premades, Please message me this information:
For E-book only, send me the Title, Subtitle/Tagline, Series information, and Author’s name.
Print Layout: indicate in the message that you also want the print format and include the following:
- Author Bio and Picture (Optional)
- Logo (Author/publisher) (Optional)
- Reviews/Quotes (Optional)
- Platform or publishing house (If you already have a template from that platform, much better and send it to me; you don't need to send me the details below then.
- Book Size
- Total number of pages
- Color of the interior paper
- Paperback, hardcover or hardcover with the dust jacket
—-For Customs, I will send you a questionnaire or form a day before the scheduled date.
2. What size are the Ebook and Print covers?
—-The ebook covers will be emailed to you as 1600 pixels wide by 2560 pixels high, RGB, JPG, at 300 dpi. These are the specifications for the Kindle, but you shouldn’t have any problem using it with another ebook service.
—-The standard size of my print covers is 6×9". But still, it will depend on your chosen size.
—-If you have a completed book and know the number of pages, you can create the template via KDP or Ingram Spark. Where you can choose your desired size, paper color, etc. Then you can send me the template, and I can start on the full wraps for paperbacks.
—-Or I can do it for you as long as I have the exact number of pages in your book. (the final number of pages), what color of paper you will use, etc.
—-Ingram Spark Template: IngramSpark
—-KDP template: Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing
3. How much does it cost to make print book covers?
—-The price you will see in the Premade Shop is for EBOOK ONLY.
—-For spine and back, check our add-ons price, and you can message me to order the print format.
4. What changes are included in the cover price?
—-Revisions for the text are included in the price, including changes in text color. Changes in the font have a fee. Check the price here.
—-Deleting decorative designs: ex. corner decorations, underlinings, etc are free of charge. BUT deleting major designs, moving major designs, and replacing major designs, of course, will have a charge.
—-The covers are in JPG for ebook and PDF/PNG for prints.
—-ASK FOR QUOTATION for changes not included in the pricing. Payment for extra charges must be done through PAYPAL only.
5. I want to buy a PREMADE cover, but I haven’t decided on my book title yet.
—-If you don’t have a title yet, that’s OK. You can buy the cover now, and when you are sure about your title, send me the information and I’ll change it for you.
—-But you must secure the cover by purchasing it so that I can’t sell it to other authors who want the cover. I will reserve the cover for 2 days; if payment is not made after 2 days, I will cancel your order and put the cover back on sale.
6. When will I get THE PREMADE COVER I PURCHASE HERE?
—-Please allow 24-48 hours for turnaround.
7. How long does the custom cover take?
—-We start with the booking date once I have the questionnaire. You will receive the concept within 48–72 hours. Once you approve a concept, we will continue with revisions and finalization. It would take a week or less, depending on how fast you can give us feedback.
8. I would like to use my own images, can I send them to you?
—-Yes you can, but make sure you have the necessary license to use the images for commercial purposes. Check out the book cover agreement here regarding Client Responsibility.
9. I don't have the final number of pages for the spine size.
—-No problem; even if the project is completed and paid, just message me anytime whenever the final pages or other information are ready without extra charge.
10. What is your price for series continuations for premades and customs? Does the price of both series equal the custom price?
—-I offer different prices for premades and custom series continuations, as both are already discounted for the next book.
11. Do you offer additional discounts?
—-For members of my Facebook group, they will get 10% for every premade they buy (except for EBO, series continuations, and during sales). The next book is already discounted, and in the fifth book, they will get an additional 15%, the same for every two additional books in the series. (Ex. 5th, 7th, 9th, etc.) In some cases, I would add an additional discount (Ex., Christmas discount, last book discount, etc.).
—-For series continuation for both premade and custom, The next book is already discounted, and in the fifth book, they will get an additional 15%, the same for every 2 additional books in the series. (Ex. 5th, 7th, 9th, etc.) In some cases, I would add an additional discount (Ex., Christmas discount, last book discount, etc.).
12. I would like to cancel the custom work since I am not satisfied with the design concepts.
—-Yes you can, but make sure to comply with the agreement made for concept design that was sent to you before sending the concepts.
13. Will you do a cover reveal for my book In YOUR FB GROUP or OTHER GROUP?
—-Yes, as I think it will be a great promotion for both the author and the designer. But I will message you first to give me a specific date for the cover reveal.
14. Will you post my cover in your portfolio?
—-Yes. For Premades, I will immediately post them in my web portfolio, but without the book's information, such as title and author name. Once published, if you allow me, or during the cover reveal, all information will be visible.
—-For Customs, Covers that haven't been published will be put in my website or portfolio after 2 months when the work is done but without the book's information such as title and author name. Once published, if you allow me, or during the cover reveal, all information will be visible.
15. Do you work for all genres?
—-Actually, my main genres are fantasy, horror, sci-fi, mystery/thriller, and young adult. Though I do all genres, I am still learning those.
16. Do you require a custom booking fee or deposit?
—-Yes. Once you approve a concept, I will send you an initial invoice.
17. What is your refund policy?
—-For Premades, once sold and paid, there will be no refund. However, you may ask the designer if you can resell the item.
—-For Customs, the initial payment is non-refundable.
—-Once the cover was finalized for premade or customs. There will be no refund.
18. Do I need to credit you in my book?
—-Yes, please. You can credit me in your book as "Cover design by Jervy Bonifacio | Phoenix Design Studio"
—- In some rare cases, you might also need to credit some stock providers or the photographers. I will give you the information so that you can include it in the credit section of the book.
19. Do you have a social media page or group?
—-Yes. You can join our Facebook group at Phoenix Premade Designs Group.
20. I still have questions about the cover design.
—-Just message me. You can also check out the whole cover contract here.